Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Departure

Well. I can't say that I am REALLY excited to be going to New Zealand. It is strange how when I planned for this trip, I never really thought of all the implications. Now, as I get ready to go, I realize that this trip will be a difficult one for me.

There are many unknowns. Will I get to climb? Will I find a church community? Will I make friends? Will I be able to communicate back home with the ones I love? All of these questions (and more) have made the "getting stoked for the trip" difficult. Having said that, there are moments of excitement. I suppose this is normal when a person is leaving everything behind for four and a half months, 10,000 miles away.

I hope that this blog will be used as a journal of sorts. Many friends and family will be reading this (I think), so I hope to communicate the things that I am experiencing on this adventure of a lifetime.

Now, I need to somehow fit everything I think I need in two 44 lbs. max bags and one carry-on. I still haven't packed everything... motivation is a little difficult right now. I love you all, and hopefully I will come back to see everyone again!
You all know what to pray for.

7 comments:

  1. looks like the time is off. I posted this at 9:29 am. Doesn't really matter seeing as the time change to NZ is ridiculous :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm excited for you daniel! i pray that you are pleasantly surprised with this trip and that it IS a soul-searching trip. may God do mighty wonders, beyond even what you think to ask or imagine on this adventure. i LOVE you so and will really really miss you. come home in one piece. :)
    mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lift my eyes up to the hills--
    where does my help come from?
    My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth

    The Lord will keep you from all harm--
    he will watch over your life;
    the Lord will watch over your coming and going
    both now and forevermore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you and are praying for both you and Lindsay! *knus*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will follow your adventure faithfully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Now to Him who is able to do EXCEEDINGLY, ABUNDANLY above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory." Ephesians 3:20 (NKJV)

    praying this for you this morning as you begin your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the mood back at home this morning is a solemn one...you will be greatly missed and we look forward to your return. Enjoy your time there and be careful not to do anything too crazy. I am excited for you, proud of you, and happy that you will have this experience to share with others. Keep your heart before the Lord...praying for you and will be checking this regularly. I love you, brother.

    ReplyDelete