Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Crushing it in Wanaka!!






So my plans for this past weekend were to go to Wanaka for some climbing with the english couple, Alex and Kathryn, who I met last time I was up there. Then miss a few classes for ice climbing at Wye Creek in Queenstown with a guy named James, who I happened to meet in Queenstown (and who has climbed with my brother). The weather seemed to have a different plna. It warmed up quite a bit here enough to encourage shorts! It rained most of saturday and sunday, so ice was out. I decided to stay in wanaka for Monday and Tuesday anyway. The weather improved for rock climbing, and I ended up having a great time hanging out with Alex and Kathryn! It seems winter here is coming to a close and I am hoping to get on some ice before it is all gone! I ran into another guy in Wanaka from Tasmania who said that the west coast seems promising (perhaps I'll head there).

I suppose something I have been really impressed with is the kindness of the people I have met. I was sitting on the street waiting for Alex and Kathryn to pick me up and this women came up to me and started chatting with me. Everyone is very hospitable and not expecting anything in return.

I must return to the studies! Here are some pictures from this weekened.

4 comments:

  1. you're cute. and i hate when the weather has different plnas. i wish i knew what those were.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. too much chocolate on the brain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we well all be your spell-check, with a side of humour

    ReplyDelete