Monday, July 19, 2010

Classes

It is the second week of classes and things seem to be going well. They have a somewhat different style of... well ... everything here. Lectures are broken up between multiple professors. Classes are massive -- some 300 +. Then there are tutorials which are smaller classes where you can discuss some of the things you are learning. I am in a 200 level (which would be a 300 level at Davidson) microbiology class called, "Microbes in action". Today we talked about the oil spill in the gulf and the use of bacteria for the cleanup. Classes also do not always meet in the same room or even the same building. My biostatistics class meets 8:00 am in one building everyday of the week except on tuesdays when it meets at 5:00 pm in a completely different building. Then I am in a english class on crime fiction. There is a lot of reading but fortunately most of it is actually crime fiction, which is easy to read quickly. I am taking a lighter load so that I will be able to travel around and explore the island. I am learning a lot... in more ways than I expected.

3 comments:

  1. your blog titles should be more interesting than one word wonders. something to draw us in.. ya know? :) hahaa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you really laugh at your own comment? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know. i am really bad at entitling things.

    ReplyDelete